Thursday, March 31, 2016

Taint Release Day

Urban decay examples of abandoned doorways

TAINT (The SNAP Trilogy #2) By Tara Dawn

"Captivating and enthralling - this series certainly will not let you go."
~ Bonny Capps, author of The Killer Series

"This suspense-packed thriller is one that fans of dark romance should not miss." ~ Courtney Lane, author of the Wicked Trinity Series

I'm so excited to get this installment into everyone's hands. It was a very emotional story for me to write. One that left me stranded at the top of a crazy ass rollercoaster. If you have yet to become a Snap Addict, don't run away. I've got a special going on for new readers. Thanks for checking out my newest release. I hope you enjoy it. ~Tara Dawn


Taint_ebook_cover


Synopsis:

Hazel
I don't know who I am anymore, or what I'm becoming. Time doesn't exist in this godforsaken Hell I call my life. Every time I find a semblance of hope, it's bled away. Just like I'm bleeding away. The longer he believes he's won, the more I die inside. I may be nothing but a shell by the time this is over.

Cash
I failed her. I couldn't keep her safe. Now I may lose her completely. We're running against a clock controlled by a madman and we don't know when he plans to end his game. Every minute that passes without finding him makes the thought of killing him that much sweeter.

Phil
I didn't think it would be so easy. Pretty soon, my Snap will be on the streets and I'll be living the dream. That is, after I take Cash out. With him gone, I'll control not only the drug, but Hazel as well. If she listens, she will have a hell of a life. Right. Beside. Me.

*This series contains scenes of drug abuse, brutality, and rape. Reader discretion is advised.

Taint teaser #3

Excerpt:

My hand slips from his and I make my way to the kitchen. I look at the bottle and back to my glass for a moment before putting the bottle to my lips. The wine fills my mouth, and I gulp it down hoping it will drown the emotions swirling within me. But the lump in my throat remains and grows larger with every pull off the bottle. The more I swallow, the more it feels like I'm choking. I lower the bottle, letting it thunk on the counter top, and try to breathe through the panic attack building inside of me.

 "I was infatuated with you."

The rumble of his voice makes me clutch the counter, my breath caught in my chest. As much as I want to know, I can't listen to it right now. It's all too much to take in when I'm still coming to terms with what Phil did to me.

"The longer I watched you, the more I was drawn to you," he continues, his voice getting closer. "You learn a lot about people when they don't know you're looking." My back warms as the heat of his body gets closer. He places his hands on the counter, trapping me between his arms. "Want to know what I learned about you?"

I stare down at the counter, thankfully hidden by the curtain of hair falling around my face, and shake my head. Cash's slight stubble on his jaw rubs against the side of my face as he leans closer, his chest grazing my back. His heart beats a rhythm that mine recognizes and tries to keep in tune with. I'd rather face Phil right now, because at least I know where I stand with him.

"You are selfless," he says, disregarding me. "You're happiest when those around you are happy. You have this need to help others without getting anything in return. But you're too prideful to let anyone in and help you when you need it most. You push people away by putting the focus back on them and deal with shit that you shouldn't have to deal with alone. And you do it all with the most beautiful smile I have every seen." His arms drape gently around me, and he rests his head against mine. "It's hard to find genuinely good people in the world," he whispers. "Trust me, I know. I've spent my life watching people selfishly choose their needs over others. And I turned into one of them."

Cash turns me around and cups the side of my face lifting it up to his. "I didn't want this to happen. I wanted to do my job and come home. But I couldn't stop thinking about you. I wanted what you gave everyone else freely. So I selfishly took it. I needed to see you smile at me like that and know I was the reason for it. And when you did, I couldn't get enough." He searches my eyes as he bares his heart to me. His mouth hovers over mine, bathing my lips in the warmth of his whiskey-scented breath with every word. "I wanted more. I thought I'd get it and walk away from you when this was over. But there's a piece of me that thinks I deserve this…" His lips brush against mine tormentingly as the shaky words fall from his lips. "That I deserve you."


Release Week Sale

What readers are saying about SNAP:"This story is the biggest friggin surprise in all of creation!" ~ Expresso, Goodreads Reviewer

"Snap takes the reader on a dark and suspenseful journey of lust and depravity that will leave you on the edge of your seat and begging for more."
~Hooker Heels Book Blog

"This story has everything...Daily life ... rape .. stalking ... drugs ... sex..romance..deception..lies..trust.. it's a word wound puzzle that is worth every second it takes to read! " ~ Carla, Goodreads Reviewer
  "The mastery with which she paints the psychotic nature, so masterfully balanced with mystery and suspense, there is no way this is not one of the best dark reads I have ever read."
~Hashtag Minxes Love Books

snap teaser #3

Grab SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1) on sale for 99 Cents!
Amazon US  UK  AU  CA
B&N  Kobo  iBooks

goodreads


What readers are saying about Taint:"Talk about wild and crazy drama! It's like watching a tornado reek havoc in slow motion....the highest adrenaline rush times a million!"
~ Expresso, Goodreads Reviewer

"Forget being a rollercoaster, Tara takes you on a dark, twisty high and brings you right to the edge."
~Hashtag Minxes Love Books

"The raw hatred I have for Phil and his cruelty to all the characters within this story is so vibrant that I have already decided that Mend (3rd book) better damn well come with coupons for some serious therapeutic counseling!!!" ~ Carla, Goodreads Reviewer

"What did I just read?? And why do I feel like I'm going through withdraws already??"
~ United Indie Book Blog

Taint teaser #1

Grab TAINT on sale for $1.99!
Amazon US  UK  AU  CA
Available on all major retailers soon!

goodreads


Young man in pose

Join us for the release day party on Facebook!

Enter to win a signed proof paperback of Taint here!


About Tara

IMG_4947-EditTara Dawn is a married, stay-at-home-mom who homeschools her three sons. When she's not busy with them, you can find her reading, talking about other authors and books over at The Word Wenches book blog, writing, editing, crafting, or hula hooping. She wears many hats and finds that if you aren't learning something new everyday then you aren't living to your full potential. Tara is currently working on The Snap Trilogy and about to start work on Twins (an erotic horror novel), a collaboration with Bonny Capps, author of The Killer Series. She loves making new friends and talking about life, so stop by her Facebook page and say hello.
Tara Dawn PNG Logo + Tagline

No comments:

Post a Comment